Honey’s appeal is nothing new. It has superfood status and is increasingly on our radar as a treat with extra benefits, from healing wounds to treating acne.
Here are 15 health benefits you should know about.
1. Increases sex drive-Low libido is always bad news. Honey assists men produce testosterone; as for women, it assists with estrogen levels. Next time you are not in the mood to have sex, I recommend drinking warm lemon water mixed with honey. Science shows that honey can give people more stimulation in the bedroom.
2. Heals Yeast infection in Women- Women get yeast infections from menstruation, antibiotics consumption, soap sensitivity, bad hygiene, and so on. Signs range from vaginal irritation to a white discharge with a smell from the vagina. Clean the vagina, then mix honey with plain yogurt, apply on the surface and around the vagina area, wait for 10 minutes, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Do this in the morning and before bedtime. The ratio is two tablespoons of honey to 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
3. Reduces insomnia- Taking a tablespoon of honey before bedtime can help you get restful of sleep.
4. Accelerates Ulcer treatment- Consuming 1 to 2 teaspoons a day on an empty stomach diminishes pain and assist in the ulcer healing process.
ALSO READ: Awesome Health Benefits Of Turmeric
5. Helps in cough and throat irritation- During cold seasons, add two tablespoonsful to hot tea with lemon to keep cases of flu and sore throats at bay.
6. Reduces eczema and acne infections- Honey kills the bacteria causing acne and eczema amongst other skin infections; apply on the affected area, wait for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water. You can also use it as a moisturiser and a nourisher.
7. Suitable for body balance- Enhances eyesight, weight loss, reduces urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
8. Honey for Hangover- Hangovers are intolerable when you cannot move and want to sleep all day. Honey is the best remedy. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 cup of yogurt, and thank me later.
9. Increases athletic performance- Put two tablespoonfuls in water drink before or after workouts. It has been proven to work better than the rest energy boosts, for it is low in sugar.
ALSO READ: 21 Health Benefits Of Regular Orgasms – From A Longer Life To Reversing Ageing
10. Ease in blood sugar control- Honey contains the combinations found in fructose and glucose that help the body handle blood sugar levels.
11. Treats allergy- Honey has anti-inflammatory agents that help minimize allergy symptoms like nose bleeding, sneezing nose, and itchy skin.
12. Enhances the immune system- Honey has antibacterial and antioxidant agents that allow the body to be at its most functional state.
13. Brain booster-The antioxidant in honey helps the brain to be at its optimal state. Honey has calcium that helps the brain as well.
14. Cures Dandruff and scalp irritation- Add honey to water, apply on scalp and leave for an hour or two. Apply every day for effective results.
15. Helps in Herpes- Buying medicine to heal cure herpes is shameful; people infected with herpes grow sores that emit fluids. Honey contains antibacterial agents that help the sores heal quickly.
Photo Credit: Getty